Pages

Monday, July 8, 2013

Virus Insanity Samples!

So I recently purchased some clamshells from Virus Insanity. I have always wanted to try her shadows out but I hate to wait a long time. Virus Insanity was having a sale about a month ago that convinced me to make a purchase. Virus Insanity had a free shipping on all orders. That alone saved me 5 dollars. I just purchased a few samples. I honestly have so much makeup that I try to only buy samples or mini jars now on! So I placed this Order on June 14 and received the package today July 8. It was a little more than her processing time than stated. I was a little frustrated by that, but some of that comes from it being my hard earned money and I am afraid of getting scammed, or products being completely different from what they actually look like in person. Anyways back to the order.
I purchased 5 Clamshells. When I got my package I had 6 clamshells in there. I got an extra one for placing an order I guess, which is awesome. So here are the photos that I took of the products I got.
Here is a photo of the clamshells closed. There are no ingredient labels. Virus Insanity has their ingredients listed on their site though.

Becca Ecca a Lime green. Has some yellowish tone too it
VI: Becca Ecca is a super Bright Lime Green.

Bluebell: a Bright Blue with Sparkle
VI: A frosty Blue that leans slightly purple
I Honestly don't see any purple in this color. I really don't care that there isn't purple cause I love the color as it is, so its a win win.

Splash: A very True Bright Blue.
VI: a bright blue toned teal.
I am a huge sucker for blue especially any bright and true blues.

Excitement: a Magenta pink with lots of iridescence
VI: Hot Pink with Blue Iridescence. 

OMG: a Bright Royal Blue
VI: a Bright Blue with Silver Rainbow Hologram Glitter and Blue Glitter.
I really didn't notice glitter. I had received a sample from a sample swap of this color and knew I had to have it and I still never knew it had glitter in it.

Corrion: A light to medium dark brown with lots of green iridescence in it.
VI:deep chocolatey brown with green tones and iridescence that shifts from greenish gold, to greenish silver, to blue.

 Swatches where done over Benefit Lemon aid primer
Swatches where done over Benefit Lemon Aid.

All photos where used with flash and under inside lighting.

My overall experience with Virus Insanity. I love the colors and I would purchase from them again! I would not get samples Because the samples where half the price of the full size jars which I think are 5 gram jars, from what I have seen from others photos. I really do suggest them to other buyers. Virus Insanity is always, ALWAYS having some kind of sales. My swatches where kinda crappy. I don't usually do swatches of samples cause, well they are samples not a lot in them, Plus some of my good brushes that I use for swatching are already packed.
NOTED: all items where purchased by me and I was not paid for a review. I love trying new brand and getting new makeup. WHAT girl doesn't :)

Thanks for reading.
Beyond.My.Eyes.Beauty
MaKaylli


No comments:

Post a Comment